Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Life of Misty..and some important Wicked annoucements!

Lots of happenings in my life lately!  I think the  biggest news is, after 6 months of job hunting, I finally landed and started a new gig 3 weeks ago as a Legal Secretary.  While this is good news for my pocketbook, my energy level has something to say to the contrary. 

Simply put, the paycheck is wonderful, but driving 40 minutes one way to work 40 hours a week as a legal secretary; at least 20-30 hours a week filling orders for Wicked Soaps, creating new products, etc; and then my never-ending (but most rewarding) role as Mom to the most amazing almost-seven-year-old boy ever, I'm pooped. 

Unfortunately, I've had to push my shipping schedule back to 5-7 business days instead of 3-5.  I'm really hoping that once I get back into the groove of all work and no sleep, I'll be able to go back to 3-5 business days.  And I'm working on building up stock.  Which means, my weekends are spent making soap in large batches like a mad woman!  That will make it much easier on me in the long run (imagine being able to just pull bars of soap to package as they are ordered, versus actually making each bar as they are ordered!) and will mean quicker shipping for my customers.

In other news, it's starting to get warmer outside which means I need to pull my Body Butter Cremes from the shop for the season.  Since they are made from 100% vegan butters and oils, whipped up to a nice, light, creamy consistency, and melt at body temperature....shipping them during the warmer months means they arrive a liquidy, gooey, hot mess.  Who wants that?!


So, Sunday, April 18th will be the last day to order Body Butter Cremes from my shop.  Never fear, though!  I already have a brand new Milk & Honey Lotion in the works that will be available very soon to replace the Body Butter Creme.  In fact, I love this lotion so much, I may keep it year round (in addition to the body butter, of course).

Now, I need to show off some of my new favorite products.  As we've already covered, it's getting warm outside, and that makes me think of summer...and summer makes me think coconut!!  (To be quite honest, the real reason I'm showing these off is because there was an epic battle between myself and the coconut.  It included a hammer, knife, screwdriver and finally a big-ass rock.  I went all cavewoman on that coconut with a rock and made it my bitch).  I was victorious!!  Oh, the things I do for good photos...







I think that's it for now.  I know, this was the longest post I've made, so I hope you all stuck with me :)  I'm not usually this verbose, but it had to be said.  Have a lovely week and talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey congrats on the new job. Sounds like you have lots on your already full plate. Just be careful that you don't lose yourself in there somewhere. Be good to you. Or buy more coconuts and have at it....that's sounds like good therapy. tee hee
    (((hugs))) until next time

    ReplyDelete